- Complexity of security requirements is increasing day by day as a result of evolving technology, changing hacking tactics, emerging security vulnerabilities, etc.
- Hacker or cracker is one who accesses a computer system by evading its security system.
- Ethical hacking involves the use of hacking tools, tricks, and techniques to identify vulnerabilities so as to ensure system security.
- Ethical hackers help organization to better understand their security systems and identify the risks, highlight the remedial actions, and also reduce ICT costs by resolving those vulnerabilities.
- Ethical hacker should posses platform knowledge, network knowledge, computer expert, security knowledge, and technical knowledge skills.
- Ethical hacking is a crucial component of risk assessment, auditing, counter fraud, best practices, and good governance.